I currently serve as the Director of Pastoral Care at a senior living facility. Having begun working there in late May 2020 with a three-week overlap period with my predecessor, I took over as that position in mid-June 2020.
Amongst my many professional responsibilities there, I publish a weekly Shabbat Newsletter, the archive of which you can find here, which I distribute to the Jewish residents (and gentile residents who request it).
I also created a YouTube channel, which includes such features as weekly Torah portion discussions, a Jewish art series, and more, which I then use to broadcast this content to the residents for the weekends (an archive of such scheduling is available here).
I have received media coverage in The American Israelite in the following:
- 24 February 2022 – Chanukah Celebrations Return to Cedar Village
- 27 January 2022 – Conversations with a Rabbi (and related post)
- 1 July 2021 – Creative initiatives for older adults here to stay (and related post)
- 29 April 2021 – A Remembrance of the History of Cedar Village (and related post)
- 25 June 2020 – Cedar Village Welcomes New Director of Pastoral Care